6 things I learnt in Skegness

In my continuing bid to abandon all aspects of real life and absorb and enhance my inner Jack Kerouac, last Wednesday evening I headed to Skegness for no reason at all. After coming back and checking Facebook I realised almost half of Derby had the same thought pattern at some point this week.

  1. I can't sleep in a Corsa.
    Alas, I do not mean "one" cannot sleep in a Corsa, because my traveling companion got a solid three hours sleep as well as napping half the journey home. I mean I can't, mainly because it's a stupid place to sleep. This is because it's a Corsa. The seats recline to almost horizontal, but the point remains. It's still a Corsa. And I will sleep anywhere, including standing up in a club. But I cannot sleep in a Corsa. Because it's a shit idea.
  2. Two pence arcade machines remain the greatest invention since sliced bread.
    Perhaps they even top sliced bread. We all know it's just the tiny dopamine rush that makes them so good - it's the same reason we all loved Flappy Bird - but they're so good.
  3. Just because you can take a corner at 50mph doesn't necessarily mean you should.
    Do not be fooled by the simple tricks of the flat roads in the east. They're tricky buggers.
  4. You'll never know if you don't ask.
    A lovely lady let myself and my traveling companion climb Boston's Stump (sounds weird, looks cool) for half price because he said we were down to our last fiver. (He lied - y last fiver was about £200 ago). I thought it was a rude waste of time to ask if we could, but he didn't. Hey! It turns out it wasn't.
  5. Even A roads are pretty if you know where to look.
    Our intended route was closed so we stopped in a layby on the A16 (or A61) to figure out an alternative route. The view was pretty.
  6. The puddles in Skeggy car park are probably cleaner than the water.
    Woooo, Skegvegas!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2016, a disgustingly good year (bar all the shit)

25 highlights of my first uni year

MPs that sound like IKEA products