Not another blog post reflecting on the year

Oh, God. I know.

2015 is over and it's time for me to once again remind you that if you want to put up, "new year, new me!" statuses (though I have never ever seen one), you can, even if you give up after two months/weeks/days/hours, because at least you tried. I'd rather have the will power to stick at something for two weeks than be so determined I couldn't even do that, I didn't try.

But that's coming from someone who actually makes herself New Year's resolutions (ew!) and (even worse) sticks to some of them (gross!).

I only ever stick to about half my resolutions, but it's better than none - correct me if I'm wrong - and this year I stuck to 25/48.

Now allow me to egotistically reflect of what a bloody crackin' year 2015 has been, if you will.

I turned 18; learnt to drive; finished college; got into my first choice uni; was a part of Radio 4's book club; was on Question Time; started hosting my own live radio show at uni; started writing songs; recorded demos for an EP; played a gig; put on several gigs; went hot air ballooning; got recognised in Parliament; became vegetarian; starting making my own art; got significantly more involved in left-wing politics and social activism; became a hardened train user after a certain night involving Crewe; met Frank Turner; shared a bottle of wine and had a good ol' chat with Mark Ellen; went to and covered my first three day festival; actually, I did that twice; wrote another novel; and, last but not least, saw the stars for the first time in my life (that I can remember).

No year is without its low points of course, but to look back on 2015 and pick just those out would seem a little, well, not pessimistic, but, y'know. Pessimistic.

So, I don't know about you, dear reader, but I, for one, am heading into 2016 powered by sheer determination (okay, and heavily urged on by sambucca and mojitos).

And I'll blog more! I know, I'll make it a New Year's resolution - then there's a 50/50 chance I'll do it.




NB - I always used to see the dress as blue and black, now I'm seeing it as white and gold. Anyone any idea what's cracking off yet?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2016, a disgustingly good year (bar all the shit)

25 highlights of my first uni year

25 things I learnt in St. Davids, Wales